Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Knee Surgery-June 2010

Well after many, many, MANY months of knee pain, I finally had it checked out. Turned out that I had some scar tissue in my left knee. I didn't start experiencing the pain until after I had Bentley, so I held out until summer so I wouldn't have to miss work to get the surgery. The surgery went well and I had two sepereate pieces of scar tissue removed. The recovery was......weird to put it simply. I was able to walk on my leg but it just felt...invaded! haha You could definitely tell that something had been in my knee. The pain was manageable but it made me feel really funny. My mother-in-law watched Bentley all morning for us, then I had Jayson go to work and my mom and sister came to stay with us. My friend Jana saved me by lending me her knee/ice pack machine. AMAZING! It really helped. The next day was a little more difficult, but I felt like I would be ok. Jayson stayed home with us that but we needed groceries that day. So of course, the ONE hour that he's gone, I hear Bentley wake up from his nap and go in to grab him. He had a HUGE blowout in his crib and it was EVERYWHERE! Ahhh!! So I started up the bath and I did what I could to give him a bath. I was so out of it from sleeping and from the pills that I actually tried to KNEEL down and give Bentley a bath. *sigh* I will never learn.....After I bathed him, I couldn't get back up. haha So I pulled Bentley out, wrapped him in a towel, and let him wander naked as I sat on our bathroom floor. Awesome. I'll tell you what, I was never more happy to have Jayson home then I did then. Phew! Anyways, the remainder of the recovery was great and I haven't had any issues with my knee since. It has been so nice to actually be able to play with Bentley on the floor without experiencing mando pain whenever I moved or had to stand up. Yay!!
 Ugh. Those stockings!! Did I mention it was JUNE when I had the surgery?! Those stockings were SOOOO stinking hot! And sleeping with them was the worst! Blah!





No comments:

Post a Comment