Monday, June 20, 2011

My mini-summer project

*just a little reminder that we're currently living in my grandparents condo while they're on their mission....otherwise this post might seem a little weird.....HAHA*


I remember MANY years ago when my grandparent's put this pond in, and since then it has gone through MANY transformations! It was always fun every summer to find a new little knick knack to give to my grandma to put in her garden. She was an amazing gardener and constantly loved having flowers around her.

I will always remember her stargazer lilies.....she had SO many of them and I would love to walk through with her as she showed me all her flowers.
Unfortunately in her last years of life due to illnesses she wasn't able to keep up with her pond and garden any longer, and since then......well lets just say that the pond got taken over by every weed possible!

So......I took to the task of completely cleaning out the pond area of all weed life, and I'm hoping in the next week or two to put in some nice flowers that remind me of grandma.


Even though I loved all the greenery, it was just TOO much and ALL weeds.....

It was insane cleaning out ALL those weeds!! But I just love the aftermath, don't you? You can actually SEE the pond and now you can see all the cute little garden decorations my grandma collected through the years.

Don't you just LOVE the lilipads!?!? They are my absolute favorite!!

I'm not nearly close to having it complete, and once the pond area is finished I need to tackle the walk way....*shudders* But we'll see what my body will allow me to do.

Anyways, I love and miss you so much grandma! Your great-grandson is getting as much enjoyment from the pond as I did as a little girl. Thank you for sharing with me your joy of flowers and creating life. I hope you like the finished product!

p.s. Thanks mom for helping me finish the weeding this morning!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment