1 week old
2 weeks old
3 weeks old
4 weeks old
(haven't found a 5 weeks)
7 weeks old
2 months old!!I wish that time wouldn't go by so quickly. I feel like I'm going to blink and he's going to be TWO! Ah!! These last two months have held so much joy for me and Jayson that I can't really put all of it into words, but I'll try. :o)
Things I love about Bentley:
1) I love how you're so giggly and smily in the morning. What a GREAT gift to wake up to every morning!!
2) I love how you LOVE to take showers!! You could stay in that shower all day if you had your way I'm sure
3) You're such a cuddle bug. You just love to be held and be walked around the apartment. (this is mostly Jayson's job as he sings Bentley songs)
4) I love how you like to held by OTHER people. haha I know it sounds awful but it is nice to be able to pass him off to other people who love him and he loves them back! (and gives me a break)
5) I love how when you nurse, you try to take FULL COMMAND of the situation!!
6) I love how you ALWAYS smile for your Grandparents. You bring so much love and joy into their lives by your precious smiles.
7) I love how you have your daddy's ears
8) I love how you always start crying/screaming when daddy calls and you make me look bad haha
9) I love your little fingernails that I have to cut almost EVERYDAY!!
10) I love your whining cries.....they are so unique and special to my heart
11) I love you my baby boy!!
Jayson has been the most caring and fun loving dad. He could just talk and talk and talk with Bentley for HOURS if he could. He tells him everything. He shows him outside the window. Show's Bentley his reflection in the mirror, and he ALWAYS tells Bentely how much he loves him. I am so blessed to not only have Jayson as a husband but a father to my child.
My adventures for the first two months have been pretty mellow (although I have had my share of meltdows) I find it so amusing how excited I get to learn something new about babies. I really enjoy reading books and on-line articles. My LIFESAVER the first 3 weeks was The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. Jayson's aunt had referred it to me and it was great.
Bentley was having trouble sleeping and I couldn't figure out why. It was taking FOREVER for him to succomb to sleep, and he only did because he became so exhausted. Being home from the hospital he would cry almost everytime I swaddled him, so I stopped. Well bad idea. haha At least for at night. I read the chapter on sleeping, she told me to swaddle him very tightly, I did, and TA-DA!!! he went right to sleep!! Yay!!
Diaper rash has also been a mystery to figure out. Funny how I spent money on different creams to use to treat it, and in the end the only thing that worked was vaseline....haha Awesome.
I have had the greatest times getting his pictures taken from my friend Heidi and seeing that handsome face come out on pictures. I still have plans for his nursery but right now I'm just enjoying the little time I have left at home before having to go back to work.
I really can't thank all my friends and family enough for all the patience and advice you've given me. I don't think I could be happier in my life right now. Bentley is such a blessing to me and Jayson and we have truly felt the Lord's love in our home since bring him home.
No comments:
Post a Comment